Marking its impressive return for the second year, the UK Pavilion proudly presents the 'UK Pavilion Presentation Theatre' at MEDICA 2023. This dynamic platform invites you to witness the remarkable strides made by UK companies in addressing the complex challenges facing theglobal healthcare landscape today.
Organised by the Association of British HealthTech Industries (ABHI), the theatre will run for the full four days at the show, offering a pivotal opportunity for UK companies to spotlight their cutting-edge innovations to all markets. Together, they will showcase the strengths of the UK’s vibrant life sector.
Throughout the week, the theatre will also host an engaging series of presentations led by ABHI experts. These insightful sessions will delve into critical topics such as sustainability, market access in the NHS and regulation, amplifying the global conversation and promoting collaboration in the ever-evolving healthcare space.
Discover the exciting lineup for Day 3 (Wednesday 15 November):
- GlucoRx is not just a company; it's a revolution 10:40 - 11:00 (CET) – Join GlucoRx CEO, Nilesh Nathwani, as he delves into GlucoRx's revolutionary mission to improve the well-being of individuals grappling with diabetes. Witness their groundbreaking technology that offers real-time, accurate blood glucose monitoring without the need for a single prick.
- Growing your business within a shifting international regulatory environment 11:05 - 11:25 (CET) – Led by Matt Burton, Strategic Development Director of IMed Consultancy, this session explores the potential offered to MedTech sector businesses in different regulatory markets. Attend this session to uncover opportunities within the UK market and identify other global markets for your medical, digital, and In Vitro diagnostic devices.
- The UK as an Attractive Market? The Role of Regulation 11:30 - 11:50 (CET) – Vishal Thakker, Head of UK Approved Body & Senior Regulatory Lead, Regulatory Services (Medical Devices), BSI, discusses the role of regulation and the UK as an attractive market.
- Patient Positioning & Pressure Redistribution 11:55 - 12:15 (CET) – Taking the press off - come along and hear from Vikta Ltd Director, Paul Morrish on how their range of transformative solutions are designed to help prevent pressure ulcers from developing, saving patients from pain, medication, lengthy recoveries, or even premature death.
- Collagen Biomaterials: Shaping the Next Wave of Medical Device Innovation 12:20 - 12:40 (CET) – A must-attend for companies aiming to leverage the latest in biomaterial advancements for their next project. Join Lou Ruggiero, Chief Business Officer of Collagen Solutions for a deep dive into collagen biomaterials' technical and functional aspects, emphasising their growing significance in the MedTech landscape. Get a practical overview of how collagen biomaterials can serve current and emerging needs in the medical device sector.
- Seven Tips for Increasing Sales for Entrepreneurs in the Healthcare Industry 13:10 - 13:30 (CET) – Max Bardwell, Head of Business Development, Health Tech Enterprise, shares seven essential tips for increasing sales in the healthcare Industry.
- The UK as an Attractive Market? The Industry has its Say 14:15 - 14:35 (CET) – Regulatory experts Phil Brown, Director, Regulatory & Compliance, ABHI, and Vishal Thakker, Head of UK Approved Body & Senior Regulatory Lead, Regulatory Services (Medical Devices) at BSI, will lead this insightful session.
Join us at the ‘UK Presentation Theatre’ on the ABHI UK Pavilion in Hall 16, stand J48, to catch all the excitement.
All UK activity from MEDICA is also captured on the UK Healthcare Pavilion virtual platform. This is a chance to discover and connect with innovative UK life sciences companies, hospitals, clinics and key organisations.