Returning to the ExCeL London on 15-16 November 2022, Future Surgery will deliver over 110 educational sessions – the largest to date - helping surgical teams to stay current with surgical innovation.
Delivered in partnership with the Royal College of Surgeons of England, the show invites all members of the theatre team to stay up-to-date with the latest technologies and hear from many of the leaders and experts who are firmly embedded in the surgical community.
Designed specifically to meet the training needs of surgical professionals and their multidisciplinary teams in perioperative care, the show features a high-quality CPD accredited speaker programme.
The conference brings together world-leading academics and industry experts. Providing delegates with an unrivalled opportunity to explore the latest trends, develop their skills and stay-up-to date with the latest technologies and innovations that are shaping the future of surgery, in a highly rewarding environment.
Spread across 6 dedicated education theatres, the show will feature over 110 expert speakers leading keynote sessions, panel discussions and workshop sessions.
Together they will explore a wide array of key themes including: disruptive technology, connectivity, human factors, and training and research to support surgeons at all stages of their career and promote patient safety.
Yemi Ibidunni, Event Director said: “The Covid-19 pandemic has contributed to huge backlogs in elective care and so the topic of patient safety is even more prominent. The conference will explore the current challenges facing surgical care and offer diverse perspectives on how to help improve the situation.”
“It has something for all members of the surgical care team, from surgical care practitioners to trainees and consultants, delivering a wide range of high-quality CPD accredited training and education across two full days. We look forward to welcoming surgeons, anaesthetists and the whole perioperative team with the shared goal of exploring current challenges and looking at how the future of surgery will be mapped out.”
With a comprehensive programme featuring thought-provoking panel discussions, inspirational keynotes, as well as interviews with celebrated surgeons and industry experts, here are a few of this year’s key highlights:
- For the first time, theWomen in Surgery conference will be held at Future Surgery. Delegates will be able to visit the WinS Theatre on both days to see exciting sessions on intersectionality and surgery, inspirational #ILookLikeASurgeon panels, neurodiversity, training, and lots more.
- Panel Discussion on the ‘Recovery of elective services’(15 November, Theatre 1, 10:00 – 11:15). In February this year, the NHS and government set out a blueprint to address the backlog and long waits for care. The expert panel will be sharing an update on the recovery and share their thoughts on practically what needs to happen next.
- Robotics panel (15 November, Theatre 2, 12:00 – 12:50). Join this expert panel to learn about innovative practice using robotic surgery and augmented reality, robotic assisted thoracic surgery in the UK, and more.
- An interview with Dr Henry Marsh CBE(15 November, Theatre 2, 11:15 – 11:45). This interview will see Henry Marsh – widely known as a pioneer of neurological advancements in Ukraine – discuss how his opinions about surgery changed profoundly over the 40 years of his career and the increasingly difficult environment in which surgeons now work.
- Transforming Theatre through Augmented Reality (16 November, ASiT innovation Theatre, 10:10 – 10:25). Led by Will Bolton, the Association of Surgeons in Training (ASiT) Innovation Lead supported by BBraun UK where he develops opportunities for trainees to gain experience in surgical innovation.
The event’s programme is supported by the surgical Royal Colleges of England and Edinburgh, ASiT – The Association of Surgeons in Training, and The Association for British HealthTech Industries (ABHI).
To view the 2022 conference programme and register your place*, visit: https://www.futuresurgeryshow.com/welcome
*Future Surgery passes are valued at £499+VAT, however, if you are a registered Health Professional in the UK you may be eligible for a complimentary pass.