Marking its impressive return for the second year, the UK Pavilion proudly presents the 'UK Pavilion Presentation Theatre' at Medica 2023. This dynamic platform invites you to witness the remarkable strides made by UK companies in addressing the complex challenges facing the global healthcare landscape today.
Organised by the Association of British HealthTech Industries (ABHI), the theatre will run for the full four days at the show, offering a pivotal opportunity for UK companies to spotlight their cutting-edge innovations to all markets. Together, they will showcase the strengths of the UK’s vibrant life sector.
Throughout the week, the theatre will also host an engaging series of presentations led by ABHI experts. These insightful sessions will delve into critical topics such as sustainability, market access in the NHS and regulation, amplifying the global conversation and promoting collaboration in the ever-evolving healthcare space.
Discover the exciting lineup for Day 2 (Tuesday 14 November):
- Ideal Medical Solutions - Distribution Opportunities in the UK, Ireland and the GCC 10:15 - 10:35 (CET) – Join Michaela O'Neill, Portfolio Manager, as she provides valuable insights into Ideal Medical Solutions Ltd, a specialised medical distributor in the UK with over 12 years of experience. Discover their track record in swiftly and profitably introducing innovative healthcare technology to the market.
- Colorectal Medicine - Market Trends and Opportunities 10:45 - 11:00 (CET) – Led by Haemoband Surgical's General Manager, Michael McMullan, this presentation examines current market trends in colorectal medicine, associated medical devices, and the transformative impact of patient-centered care.
- Growth with Investors 11:05 - 11:25 (CET) – Neil Mercer, Senior Vice President - Sales & Marketing at Innovia Medical, offers expert insights into navigating challenges like Brexit and EU MDR, while harnessing outside investment to secure your business's future.
- Market Access in the NHS 11:30 - 11:50 (CET) – ABHI’s Luella Trickett Director, Value & Access, explores strategies for market access within the NHS.
- SteriPlas Cold Plasma Medical Device 11:55 - 12:15 (CET) – Join Jeiram Jeyaratnam, Business Development Manager at Adtec Healthcare, for an in-depth look at the successes of the SteriPlas Cold Plasma medical device, widely used for managing chronic infections in wounds, surgical site infections, and medical dermatology conditions.
- Taking a Strategic Approach to Regulatory Market Access – UK, EU or US? 12:20 - 12:40 (CET) – Laura Friedl-Hirst, Managing Director & Principal Consultant of LFH Regulatory, explores strategic approaches to accessing the UK, EU, and US markets amidst evolving regulations amidst the ever-changing regulatory landscape.
- Make your own label products from Robust Care International 13:10 - 13:30 (CET) – Robust Care International shares over 20 years of experience in manufacturing custom label slings, slide sheets, air mattresses, and curtains, compliant with FDA, MHRA, and EU regulations.
- The NHS’s Sustainability Commitments – What it Means for HealthTech 14:15 - 14:35 (CET) – Luella Trickett, Director of Value & Access at ABHI, provides valuable insights into the NHS's sustainability commitments and their implications for HealthTech.
- Using a distributor model to drive growth in the UK 14:40 - 15:00 (CET) –
Nathan Pettitt, Group CEO of Healthcare 21 Group, shares case studies and examples of how the use of a distributor partner in the UK can help OEMs deliver growth in units, revenue and profitability during these challenging times of competition, price pressure and BREXIT.
- Understanding & Overcoming the Challenges of EU MDR 15:05 - 15:25 (CET) – Andrew Brown, QARA Consultant at Tenscare, guides you through achieving MDR certification as a UK medical device manufacturer, addressing crucial lessons on how to overcome challenges as well as the future with MDR and latest guidelines on current extension.
- Placing your product into the UK Digital Health market – an accelerated regulatory approach 15:50 - 16:10 (CET) – Stuart Harrison, Co-founder & CEO of ETHOS, demonstrates how to navigate competing regulatory challenges with a strategic approach for success in the UK Digital Health market.
- Biopanda and point of care testing 16:15 - 16:35 (CET) – Philip McKee, Sales Manager of Biopanda, provides an overview of Biopanda, their product range, and the significance of point of care testing, antibiotic stewardship, and their goals for the future.
- Celebrating 60 Years in Healthcare 16:40 - 17:00 (CET) – Pennine Healthcare CEO, Graeme Cameron, delivers a brief timeline of Pennine’s 60 years in industry, the company’s transition to becoming an Employee Owned Trust, and how they believe the future of the industry is based on value-adding partnerships and UK Manufacturing.
- ABHI UK Networking Reception 17:00 - 18:30 (CET) – Wrapping up the day’s events, ABHI invite you to join their UK Networking Reception. A unique opportunity to connect with fellow healthcare professionals, industry leaders and like-minded individuals.
Witness the action live!
Join us at the ‘UK Presentation Theatre’ on the ABHI UK Pavilion in Hall 16, stand J48, to catch all the excitement.
All UK activity from MEDICA is also captured on the UK Healthcare Pavilion virtual platform. This is a chance to discover and connect with innovative UK life sciences companies, hospitals, clinics and key organisations.